On a lighter note, think before you toss the banana peel because somebody could slip on a banana peel and go for a toss!
But there is another side to the hidden benefits of the banana peel.
Before you toss the banana peel into the trash can, think again. You are throwing away something that has many versatile uses. Banana peels have a lot of beneficial qualities that’ll make you think twice the next time you toss it in the trash. Here are some of the best banana peel uses for you to try:
1) Shoe Polish: Did you know banana peels (on the inside) make a great shoe polish? Just rub it around your shoe and then buff it with a white cloth.
2) Teeth Whitener: Rub the inside of your banana peel on your teeth to whiten them. Apparently, the manganese, magnesium and potassium helps whiten the enamel
of your teeth.
3) Wart Cure: It only takes 1-2 weeks to remove a wart with a banana peel.
4) Itch Soother: Banana peels can help relieve bug bites and poison ivy. It won’t remove the oils that cause the itching but it’ll soothe the bite or rash altogether.
5) Silverware Polish: Blend banana peel with water and use on your silver to take the dullness off with a soft cloth.
6) Meat tenderizer: Add a banana peel to your next roast and it’ll add just enough moisture to ensure that roast doesn’t get too dry.
7) Splinter Removal: Banana peels help ease splinters out of your skin. Place banana peel on a splinter with athletic tape for a while and then try to ease the
8) Bugs Control: Aphids don’t like banana peels. If you bury some around your roses or other plants aphids love (like cauliflower), you’ll deter them from coming around. Or, try this garlic/banana peel spray for aphids.
9) Rose Food: Feeding your roses by putting in the soil banana peels that are rich in calcium and magnesium, as well as many other trace minerals that your flowers love.
10) First aid: Banana peels on the inside, if rubbed on a bruise, will aid in making it disappear.
11) Compost: Banana peels break down pretty quickly and add wonderful nutrients to your soil. Throw them in your compost!
12) Acne: Banana peels rubbed on your acne will help in the acne curing process.
13) Dry Skin Cure: If you have psoriasis, try rubbing the inside of a banana peel on your affected areas twice a day and you’ll see the dry scaly skin dissipate.
14) Haemorrhoid Cure: Yup, you guessed it. As with acne, banana peels help cure haemorrhoids (piles)
15) Anti Depressant: Researchers have found that drinking boiled banana peel water (or juicing the peel) can ease depression.
Watch this interesting video: